Most of us have fallen victim of hatred and more especially from people that we thought were our friends. Apart from being victims, some of have hurt people that were so close to us and these leads to the question of what are fake friends and why so much hatred. This article will briefly address that and try to give necessary answers to the said questions.
To begin with, a fake friend is defined by some scholars as a person who falsely claims to be, feel, or do something can be said to be fake When your friend acts sweet but spreads rumors about you behind your back, you can call her a fake. As a verb, fake means to take an action with the intent to deceive. To add the said definition I personally believe a fake friend to be anyone that pretend to care, but his/her motive is to destroy. Most of the time we don’t see this because we get too close to these people pretending to be our friends.
Furthermore, with fake friends comes with hatred and envy these people are not happy and just want to get in there and destroy. It’s a shame that even young people are hating on each other instead of supporting one another to achieve their goals. Hatred can be motivated intrinsically or extrinsically.
Intrinsically hatred motivation is the one that is dangerous because it is from within while extrinsically hatred motivation is less dangerous because when the outside force is not there it will not exist. Things in the society can be used to create hatred among people, things like: school, politics, money and recent trends of social media.
Majority of people are well aware of these things, but the continue to ignore the reality while some have accepted that it is life there is absolutely nothing that can be done to change it. In my opinion this is not true because I believe there is always an alternative, sometimes not so obvious but they are there.
Here is what can be done to avoid hatred among ourselves:
1. Always be honest, honest to yourself and to others an honesty person will not want to deceive others
2. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. this is a command based on words of Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount according to the Bible. which can be interpreted as we should care about others as much as we care about ourselves because whatever we do to others can be done to us.
3. Love yourself, he who have self love will be able to love others. it should be clear that I am in no way promoting selfishness because there’s a clear distinction between the two.
4. Choose your friends wisely, this the most difficult task to do but, you can always assess your friends. Listen to them, how they talk about others say so much about them.
5. Do not trust too much, trust sometimes can cost you hence, you should be able assess the situation first.
We are entitled to take care of ourselves and avoid falling victim of hatred and fake friends. Lastly we are highly discouraged to be the reason why some people do not sleep well at night simply because we have ruined their lives.